[Advaita-l] Bhaja Govindam rendition by MS

Navin Rajaram navinr at moschip.com
Tue Dec 7 08:19:24 CST 2004

Hari Om,

This is a small query regarding Smt. MS Subbalakshmi's rendition of
Bhaja Govindam. Usually this is a cd/tape that comes with the
Vishnusahasranama stotram and Bhaja Govindam.

Smt. Subbalakshmi in her rendition of Bhaja Govindam selects only a few
verses from the entire poem. I would like to know if there is any
special significance to these verses selected(I think they are verses
1,2,5,11,18,20 and the last two verses - I might have missed out some
more). Otherwise, is it because the poem is big that she chooses to
render only these selected verses.

I shall also be glad to know if a complete rendition of Sri Sankara's
composition has been sung by MS .

Hari Om,
Navin