[Advaita-l] The "Royal Way"

M. S. Ravisankar ravi at ambaa.org
Thu Feb 19 09:47:04 CST 2004

I went through some of the messages in the original thread.  I have a
feeling that the word j~nAna is used ambiguously in the texts, that is,
sometimes as j~nAna and sometimes as vij~nAna. It may be the cause for the
issue that how a brahma-j~nAni  need not be a mukta. May be the statements
such as "brahmavit brahmaiva bhavati" denote brahma-vij~nAna and when it
happens, the release is immediate.

My 2c.

Ravi
(according to giita bhaashhya, vij~nAna is svAnubhava yukta j~nAna)