[Advaita-l] "Spades" and "All religions are [not] one"

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Feb 24 08:18:39 CST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Ranjeet Sankar wrote:

> Another interesting thing I noticed in the spiritual lobby is that
> everything is fine if the great Adi SankarAchArya does it. It is ok even if
> he refutes other schools of thought. But if the same thing is done by
> someone else, he is branded a kind of fascict !

The reason is that such people _are_ often some kind of fascist.  I'm
talking about the VHP style "Hindutva"  Now I don't know if you actually
subscribe to that line of thought (though "pseudo-secular" is a favorite
catchphrase of theirs) but the right wing are as guilty as the left of
distorting our Dharma.  They need to be opposed just as vigorously.