[Advaita-l] Ahimsa and use of tiger/deer skin as 'asana'

N. Sridhar nsridhar at hotpop.com
Tue Jul 6 00:31:13 CDT 2004

Hi,

As already pointed out, the deer/tiger skins used by the Acharyas are
normally obtained from animals which have a natural death.

I remember one of the elders mentioning that HH Paramacharya of Kanchi used
to recommend that even for the silk used for wearing by us should also be
obtained by the principle of ahimsa and not by killing the silkworms. I
understand that such silk can be obtained.

Regards

NS