[Advaita-l] [ADMIN] New members - U. K. Anumula, Durga Prasad Janaswamy

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:59:54 CST 2004

More new members of the list -

U. K. Anumula -

I am a retired civil servant from India.   I retired from the Indian
Administrative Service in 1992 after serving for some time as the Chief
Secretary of Bihar, then the second largest state in India.  I have a post
graduate degree in Philosophy from Madras University, as a student of
Dr.T.M.P. Mahadevan and Mr. P. Sankaranarayanan.   However years in the
civil service muffled whatever I learnt in the philosophy class.   I am
still interested in 'Vedanta' as a credible path; I believe that a certain
amount of integration between 'advaita' and 'visishtadvaita' is needed in
South India, also as a social necessity.  I also believe that excessive
preoccupation with the theoretical aspects of 'vedanta' should not lead
either to erosion of  faith of a human being in things beyond the rational
nor lead one away from the path of reasoning, debate and questioning.   The
path should be a resolution between blind faith and excessive intellectual
debate.