[Advaita-l] Re: yoga and vedanta

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Aug 3 23:19:59 CDT 2005

Humble sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidyasankar Sundaresan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks a lot for your kind clarification.

While on the subject I'd like to say when it comes to siddhAnta nirNaya
*within* the tradition of advaita we have to treat pUjyapAda's commentaries
as the ultimate authority on the prasthAna trayi.  When there are debates
about any topic in advaita siddhAnta *within* saMpradAya, we dont see
*direct* quotes from prasthAna traya but quotes from shankara's
commentaries on those scriptures. So prabhuji, IMHO when we are discussing
our thoughts among shankara saMpradAya followers, we have to treat shankara
bhAshya on prasthAna trayi on par with shruti-s...I hope no orthodox
traditionalist would object to it!!

But as you rightly stated, when it comes to debates with other schools, we
cannot say that our AchArya's works are equal to shruti & force them to
accept it.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar