[Advaita-l] Re:bruhat sAma

V. Krishnamurthy profvk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 12:23:48 CDT 2005

Namaste

In continuation of my earlier mail on this subject I want
to recall to Bhaskar prabhu-ji the mantra (called
bruhat-sAma mantra) that all householders are expected to
recite when they wear the raksha from the holy Fire after
the completion of any homam:

"bRRihat-sAma kshhatra-bhRRit vRRidha-vRRishhNiyaM
tRRishhTubhaujaH shubhitam-ugravIraM / indra stomena
pancha-dashena madhyam-idaM vAtena sagareNa rakshha //"

May this bRRihat-sAma mantra protect us, -- the mantra that
ensures strength, nurtures personality, and bestows
stamina, welfare and valiant sons. Oh Indra, accompanied by
 panchadasha-stoma and sagara, please protect this body
that has appeared on the way!

PraNAms to all seekers of Truth.
profvk

Prof. V. Krishnamurthy

Ongoing new series of pages on my  website: 'Bhagavatam and Advaita Bhakti'  starting with
http://www.geocities.com/profvk/VK2/Bhagavatam_Introduction.html