[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Ramu Vempati

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Dec 15 17:10:39 CST 2005

I am a Hindu, aged 46, and an engineer by profession. I am studying some of
the books on Advaita Philosophy, by Sri Sankara Bhagavatpada (those
translated to English by others). I am hesitent to say that I am doing it on
my own, because I believe it is not possible without the blessing from Him.
The "Atma Bodha" had good impact on me. Currently I am studying Upadesa
Sahasri. I went through a few other books earlier but only partly, so will
have to go back to study them later.

I do not fully know what this Advaita-L is about, nor what smartha
sampradaya means. I may not participate in discussions because there is a
lot I have yet to learn first. So I will be a silent learner, and, if that
is OK, then I would request you to add me to the mailing lists.
Regards

Ramu Vempati