[Advaita-l] Raslila

murali mohan murali_mohan at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 23:33:52 CST 2005

Sorry, I have heard the Bhagavatha several times but no one has said it was a dream.
  That way one can say all bhagavatham, puranas, ramayana, mahabharatha etc were all stories that never physically happened on earth but were written, like jataka tales or something, for conveying some philosophy.
  Assuming it did happen, my doubts is why it had to be with married women ? Even unmarried one could have justified as bigamy was quite common those days. In Hinduism it is said a married women should consider her husband as god himself and serve. So why could not the gopis see the same God in their husband itself? This is what beats me. Even Meera Bhai it is said did not perform her duty to her husband although he was a good guy, when she could very well have seen the all prevading god in her husband itself.  Why get stuck with this name and form called Krishna  (as these ISKCON people do) while all the time Krishna himself was advising humans to go beyond all names and forms ???

  "Neelakanta, Nataraja" <nataraja.neelakanta at sap.com> wrote:
  Its very clear from Bhagavata that, it was not a physical activity.
Raasalila was not done by Krishna himself. It was just a dream of
Gopikas. And according to Brahmasutra bhashya, there is no paapa
associated with the thoughts and actions that happen in the dream.