[Advaita-l] RE: Vedic Shakhas for kshatriyas and vaishyas?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jan 19 16:02:16 CST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> Do we have to stick to a tradition which is gone, as
> you admit that kings and patronage has gone now.

Outside of South India, the tradition of kings and patronage went long
time ago.  Yet Brahmanahood still survived.

Sometimes we think of tradition in too much of a binary way.  But lets not
forget that there are some areas where our Dharma is leniant.  Where it
does offer alternatives.  Maybe not as much as some people might like.
But more than zero.

It's a boy! See the pictures - http://www.braincells.com/nilagriva/