[Advaita-l] Can you please explain the four theories?

sundararaman sundararaman at eth.net
Mon Jul 4 05:20:33 CDT 2005

Ram ram
Atmakhyati-superimposition of the attribute of silver internally on the
external shell-advocated by Yogachra Buddhists(Kshanikavignam)
Asatkhyati-Absolute absence like hare's horn-advocated by Madhyathimika
Buddhists
Akhyati-absence of illusions-advocated by Prabhakara Mimamsakas
Anyathakhyati-superimposition of attributes of silver in remote shop in
shell etc.in front Advocated by Logicians
Anirvachaniyakhyati-indeterminability-advocated by advaitins.
There is a separate page for Sri Saradambal Seva Samiti  Trust in
advaitha-vedantha.org web site.Please go to Vedantha Vandanam I
Advatasiddhisarasangraha and see page 63 thro acrobat reader where
the above  explanation is available.
K Sundara raman