[Advaita-l] Re: yoga and vedanta

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jul 18 02:50:32 CDT 2005

Pranam Bhaskar prabhuji,

I have understood your above point very well. No need to repeat it
again and again :)

The question I am now asking is NOT "what were Sankara's views" but
"how do we know what Sankara's views were". If the sUtra bhAshya is a
recently discovered text, then how did our traditional AcAryas know
Sankara's view on the yOga darshana? Is oral tradition the basis or
are the above views mentioned in some other text as well?

praNAms
Hare Krishna

My dear prabhuji please note shankara's shArIraka mImAmsa is not recently
discovered one!!  I am quoting shankara's declaration from vEdAnta sUtra
bhAshya ....NOT from yOga sUtra bhAshya which is floating in the name of
Shankara pUjya bhagavadpAda...

Hope it is clear to you now.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar