[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Sunil Kumar

latha vidyaranya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 24 20:53:42 CDT 2005

hari om
namste

dear sri sunil,
it is nice to know that you have a burning desire to attain liberation here and now. this burning desire need not be advertized over the net and we need not seek a guruji through the net. finding a guruji is not like finding the right school for our kid wherein we enquire with our friends and neighbours as to which is the best school for my kid. a spiritual guru is not obtained thro enquiries.

you say you have a burning desire. good. may it burn you, may it scortch you, may your "taapa" (burning desire) turn out to be true 'tapas' inwardly. but for the outside world you still need to continue to be a house holder. you have duties to be fulfilled towards your wife, your children and towards the society that you are living. you can not escape them. it becomes stressful to you if you start thinking "I have to do this, I have to do that". instead, do these duties with a 'seva bhaava'. Ishwara has chosen you to carry out these duties on his behalf. he has delegated these duties to you. like how a trusted servant serves his Master without grumbling, but with a sense of love-filled-duty, you carry out the duties by choice, not with compulsion. but heart in heart keep that taapa burning, keep looking forward to the day when Ishwara would give you retirement from these duties and shower upon you the post retirement benefits. IT WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY, MY BOY.  YOU JUST NEED TO WAIT.
 WAIT WITH PATIENCE. WAIT WITH THE TRUST THAT ISHWARA RECOGNISES YOUR DESIRE TO MERGE WITH HIM AND ACCORDS YOU THAT ULTIMATE PRIVILEGE. Till then continue to do the duties with love for HE has chosen you to these. Feel privileged that you have been selected by that Director to play a role in HIS Mega Cosmic Drama - like how film actors consider it a privilege to play a role in satyajit ray's movies or mani ratnam's movies. keep playing that role to the best of your capacity, give your best shot at it and HE shall truly recognize it, shall allot you the role of your life time, the most cherished role of 'brahman' when the drama, the director and the actor all merge into one or just dissolve!

Best wishes to you, sunil (the role allotted to you currently!)

hari om
namste