[Advaita-l] A Conversation between Divine Will and Free Will

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 00:04:36 CST 2005

Pranams:

>> But one may argue about why others see as a jnAni acting
>> if there's no prarabdha.

I think the Gita gives a clue to this in one of the tougher verses to
understand. 4/18:
"One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is
intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,
although engaged in all sorts of activities"

So, while the Jnani is acting also, s/he is not acting i.e. creating
no kriyamana karma and whose prarabdha karma and sanchita karma is
destroyed. This view is covered by  "inaction in action". But what is
"action in inaction" i.e. while not acting, how can one do action? I
have read a number of commenteries on this aspect but none have been
very satisfying. Any thoughts?

Regards, Mahesh

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:12:41 -0800, praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com