[Advaita-l] Re: A Conversation between Divine Will and Free Will

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 11:22:34 CST 2005

Pranams:

DDW (in soliloquy): TD is right - it can't be all black and white. But
let me think some of his statements through so that I can better
understand him. He says:
> Even God cannot guarantee that man will not behave in an animal way. And that > proves that Man has free will!
Which is true if you pick up any newspaper these days. But the "cannot
guarantee" is perplexing since God is Omniscient and should know how
Man should behave under any circumstance. Does that mean that, like he
mentioned  earlier, the Almighty is choosing to not be Almighty when
he does this?
But the statement:
> dilemma depends upon three factors. 1. The situation or the
> action that we are talking about. 2. Level of spiritual
> evolution of the individual concerned. 3. Degree of
> willingness to stand apart and surrender the ego.
This is wonderful! That does put things is very good perspective and
serves to explain a presence of free will while at the same time
allowing for divine will.

I can't wait for tommorrow....

Regards, Mahesh