[Advaita-l] A Conversation between Divine Will and Free Will

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:21:21 CST 2005

Pranams:

Me: Interestingly, the same thoughts are expressed by Swami A.
Parthasarthy who gives the analogy of petrol to explain will. Petrol
is like the power of God, without it, the car can't move an inch ("Not
a leaf doth stir without the wish of the Lord' - Sri Ramakrishna) but
the driver of the car can choose to steer it anyway he or she wants -
it is his or her free will. God (Petrol) is unaffected by this. And
so, I too am as confused as DDW was at the end of this last episode,
so I listen to the explanation of TD in this regard with rapt but
quiet attention...

Pranams, Mahesh