[Advaita-l] How can one claim to know Brahman?

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 09:54:35 CST 2005

Pranams:

An observation to reinforce Sanjay's point:
The word Upanishad in Sanskrit literally means 'sitting in close
proximity'  so I guess our seers knew that close association with a
Guru was inescapable for understanding this knowledge.

One other observation - Sanjays says:
>> If we do not have the luck of learning from a teacher, the luck is to be
>> created.

While completely true, some sort of self effort in search of a Guru is
a must but one must not forget the dictum - you do not find a Guru,
the Guru finds you...or in other words, when you are ready, the Guru
will find you.

Regards, Mahesh