[Advaita-l] pArthiva- A year devoted to bhagavad gItA bhAShya discussion

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 23 22:02:06 CST 2005

SUMMARY: Coming chandramAna year, pArthiva, will be devoted *only* to
the discussion of Sankara's bhagavad gItA bhAShya.

praNAms Ravi prabhuji
Hare Krishna

It is really nice to see that gIta & shankara bhAshya are going to be
discussed in detail in the coming saMvatsara.  But prabhuji I am not able
to understand why ONLY gIta bhAshya??  shankara's other principal works
i.e. sUtra bhAshya & daShOpanishad bhAshya are also *equally* important
alongwith kArika bhAshya & upadEsha sAhasri.  prabhuji, IMHO we can discuss
shruti & nyAya prasthAna also whenever situation calls for those works.

While on the subject, I humbly request Sri Vidyashankar Sundareshan
prabhuji to re-start his gIta series if his time permits.  Naive students
of shAstra-s like me would be immensely benefitted from his scholarly notes
on gIta shankara bhAshya.

Anyway, it is my thoughts final discretion is at the moderators of this
list.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar