[Advaita-l] Re: Why Arjuna?

Vivekshankar Natarajan nvivekshankar at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 11:51:19 CDT 2005

Here is my two cents. According to tradition, Arjuna and Krishna are verily Nara and Narayana. In fact, one of the invocatory verses for Mahabharata  starts by paying  homage to this pair. Thus who better than Nara to expound Gita to.

NaRaYaNam NaMaskruthya NaRam Chaiva Narottamam
Devi Saraswathim Vyaso Thatho JayaMudhirthayet.

Sri KrshnarpaNamasthu

PS: Pl forgive any lapses in the transliteration.

> Heres a question I would like to know listmembers thoughts about. Don't
> worry if you can't quote shastras about it, I'm more interested in your
> own feelings.
>
> The era of the Mahabharata contained great sages like Vyasa, great
> warriors like Bhishma, wise statesmen like Vidura, and bhaktas of the
> calibre of Narada. Yet the truths of the Gita were revealed by Krishna
> Bhagavan to Arjuna. Why him of all people?
>
> --
> Jaldhar H. Vyas

Vivek Shankar Natarajan

 809,West Abram Street,#103,

Arlington,76013.

Tel:817-548-8863

Arise ,Awake and Stop not till the Goal is Reached !