[Advaita-l] reg. posts on gItA

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at yahoo.co.in
Sat Nov 5 01:46:07 CST 2005

Dear Friends,

You may find the following interesting in this
context. When Lord Rama asked Hanuman "Who are you?".
Hanuman replied as follows:

When I identify myself with my body(Dehabuddhyad) I am
a  servant of yours [This is Dvaita Bhava], when I
consider myself as an embodied soul(Jivabuddhyad) I am
a portion of yours [This Visishtadvaita Bhava] and
spiritually (Atmabuddhyad) I am yourself [This is
Advaita Bhava].

This may be a simplistic,  though not a
rogorous,definition.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya