[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 31, Issue 6

Manjunath Joshi Manjunath.Joshi at unibas.ch
Tue Nov 8 05:22:38 CST 2005

Namaskara,
I am Manjunath B Joshi from Gulbarga, Karnataka. Now I am doing PhD in
Basel University, Switzerland. I am member of Advita mailing list and I
enjoy discussion very much.  I am very much intrested in learning
sanskrit. Is there any online or corresponding courses which offers
sanskrit for beginners? Since I come from orthodox brahmin family I was
taught many shlokas which I chant daily after Sandhyavandanam. I can
chant Purusha Sukta, Shri Sukta, Rudra, Vishnu Sahasra naama etc,
unfortunately I just chant mechanically without knowing essence as I do
not understand sanskrit. I would be glad if somebody guide me.

With best regards
Manjunath B Joshi

PhD student,
Cardiovascular Signaling Lab,