[Advaita-l] should we discuss adhyAya 1 verse by verse?

Amuthan Arunkumar R aparyap at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 9 22:31:43 CST 2005

namo nArAyaNAya!

dear shrI ravisha~Nkar mAyavaram,

--- Ravisankar Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But there is a
> significant exception: Paramahansa Yogananda spends
> over 200+ pages on
> 1st chapter. His commentary is based on the teaching
> of his parama
> guru lahiri mahASayA. They explore and explain the
> names in the first
> chapter and related it to an inner principle, such
> dhR^itarAShTra as
> blind mind, sanjaya as impartial introspection and
> so  on. His
> commentary is from the point of view of Raja Yoga.

i have seen this book (but i didn't venture to read
it!) with one of my friends here at iit about a year
and a half back, but i didn't know that paramahaMsa
yogAnanda has given such a huge commentary on the
first adhyAya. since right now i'm sticking on to
traditional interpretations, it'd be great if you can
carry on a parallel discussion on the gItA based on
paramahaMsa yogAnanda's interpretation (especially the
first adhyAya. i'm quite amazed to know that a 200+
pages commentary exists on that). if you ready to
start this,  i'll provide a quick summary of first
adhyAya and move on to the second.

let me know of your plans.

vAsudevaH sarvaM,
aparyAptAmR^itaH.