[Advaita-l] Re: Science and Brahman (sriram)

Sridhar Babu sridhar at amritapuri.amrita.edu
Fri Nov 18 20:35:03 CST 2005

       || Namaami Bhagavath Paadam Sanakaram Loka Sankaram ||

Dear Sriramji

I have read both the emails one with the limitation of science and the
reply that seeks the explanation, which can not be given by the science
through Vedanta.

The contents that you expressed are invaluable in the sense they make one
realize the importance of spiritual life and turn inward to seek the
Divine within and stop unnecessarily looking out for the solution.

The message is a great blessing for all the readers. I had heard the same
message from one of the Eminent Swamijis, in his talks, Swami said that in
his childhood he was very eager to solve the problems of physics and later
he started to search for the Spirit as he found the dimensions of the
physics being limited and that of Spirit Unlimited. Swamiji in his youth
even visited haunted houses and talked to evil spirits, and found that
they can also be friendly with us.(jokingly better than human
beings...!!!)

Swamiji also mentioned, the difference in the search of the scientist and
the sage, is that the sage seeks the answers question looking in "Why this
life", "Why the disease" "Why death" and the scientists looking out in a
different way questioning, "How this life" "How the universe is formed"etc

--
At Sri Paada
Sridhar Babu

O! Mother                                 ****
Let my every word be a prayer to Thee,
Every movement of my hands a ritual gesture to Thee,
Every step I take a circumambulation of Thy image,
Every morsel I eat a rite of sacrifice to Thee,
Every time I lay down a prostration at Thy feet;
Every act of personal pleasure and all else that I do,
Let it all be a form of worshiping Thee."

                                        *******