[Advaita-l] Science and Vedantha

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:54:25 CST 2005

The meaning is: "That from Which speech returns and so does the mind".

You had written:
"So in the context of advaita, while mental activity is important,
those who reach its pinnacle (Godel is considered one of the greatest
rational thinkers of ALL time) realize that it cannot answer all
questions. Do remember that this is not being said because of "blind
faith", this is being said because there is a mathematical proof for a
formal version of this."

You also say Godel was one of the greatest thinkers of all time. This just
goes to show even the greatest thinkers CANNOT "infer" or even take a wild
guess at even the existence of some "Higher Reality". The only thing that is
inferred from this ever-changing world is that *change* is the "Highest
Reality". Sorry if I mentioned anything out of context.

Regards,
Abhishek

On 11/30/05, Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com> wrote:

> can you please explain the relevence of your post with respect to
> science and vedAnta? I am not very good at sanskrit and don't know the
> meaning of "nivartante".
>
> On 11/30/05, Abhishek RK <rkabhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > "yato vAco nivartante| aprApya manasA saha|" from the taittiriya
> > upanishad.
>
> --
> Aditya Varun Chadha
> adichad AT gmail.com
> http://www.adichad.com
> ________________________________
> Mobile: +91 98 400 76411
> Home:  +91 11 2431 4486
> Room #1024, Cauvery Hostel
> Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
> Chennai - 600 036
> India

bhava Sankara deSika me saraNam

sadASiva samArambham SankaracArya madhymam
asmadAcArya paryantam vande guru paramparam