[Advaita-l] Logic and shastra

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:12:27 CDT 2005

Pranams:
 Thanks for being patient with me. I appreciate that. So, I will make this
my last post on this topic lest it irriate the moderators, others (and most
of all you). First, from my standpoint, we are not going in circles but yet
have not answered the question to my satisfaction. Call me stupid.
Unfortunately, there will be questions below which you may or may not choose
to answer based on your frustration level, but they indicate the points that
I am not clear about.
 First let me take another example - that of Sri Adi Sankaracharya, since
this list is about him. The famous story where is slightled a chandala as
being of lower birth is well known. Now, this realized person seems to have
created a "huge blunder of sorts" between what he did and what he taught.
How is that possible? Why was his judgement coulded by avidya at the time?
Was he being taught a lesson by Shiva (who took the *roop* of the chandala)?
Then was Shiva more realized than him? How does Advaita answer this?
 In conclusion, let ask some questions that might explain things to my
simple minded intellect: Does the realized person see his or her BMI as an
entity acting in the leela of the world just like he or she would any other
person? Are you saying that all "negative" actions of the BMI - feeling
sorrow, getting angry, desiring, getting deluded by appearances (see above)
are goverened by prarabdh and have nothing to do with the person's
awareness? If not, then what is the relationship betwen his or her BMI and
the his awarness?
 Humble pranams, Mahesh