[Advaita-l] Re: Buddhism Related Discussions

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 10:23:32 CDT 2006

Ramesh,

I don't know the first thing about comparing Buddhism with advaita. I
was actually hoping to learn something from the discussions instead
of posting an article on the subject.

But here are some points that are known to be certainly false that
we've learned from the past discussions: 1) Buddhism = advaita 2)
Gaudapada was a Buddhist ...

Unfortunately, the discussions usually degenerate into one or more of
the above points, and this is the reason that the moderators want to
keep it under control. I will therefore post a collection of the
above "false points" so that future discussions can steer away from
them.

The moderators have done a great job of keeping the list spam-free,
but I think this particular topic needs to be discussed at some time
or another because people have doubts on it.

Regards,
Kartik