[Advaita-l] Re: smarthas

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 08:26:46 CDT 2006

Namaste,

Such a division called "smArta" sect is not found in the shAstras. It
is a modern convenience to name non-vaiShNavas as "smArtas".

Regards,
Abhishek

--
satyena dhAryate pR^ithvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||