[Advaita-l] advaita vEdAnta

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Dec 21 21:24:23 CST 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna wrote:

> My name is Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna. I am one of the recent
> additions to the list. For some time, I have been leading a formal
> study of advaita vEdAnta in another group. Sri Jaldhar Vyas invited
> me to archive the writings at advaita-vedanta.org. After reviewing
> options and logistics, it was decided to post the material in several
> installments on this list. This way it serves better, instead of
> archiving a large volume of material all at once. Accordingly, I
> will post a message about 4-5 days apart. I expect about 50 postings
> lasting through the Spring of 2007. Below is the first Unit of the study.
> Regards,

I thank Shri Ramakrishna for his efforts.  One of the long time complaints
we've had is that sometimes the discussions on this list are at too high
a level and there should be a more gentle introduction to Advaita Vedanta
for novices.  I think you will find these articles ably fulfill this need.

So please read along as each unit is posted and feel free to ask questions
if there is something you want clarification on.

The series will be archived at http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/kramakrishna/