[Advaita-l] Re: Question: Swadharma

Ram Garib garib_ram at yahoo.co.in
Sun Feb 12 10:44:08 CST 2006

--- Amuthan <aparyap at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> i have a request. will it be possible to shift this
> entire discussion to some mailing list on indian
> culture or social structure of india? since there is
> no single and common ground based on which arguments
> can be made, different people start off with
> different
> assumptions and keep arguing endlessly.
>
> no doubt svadharmAnuShThAna is an important issue,
> but
> i get a feeling that the discussions are deviating
> along a tangent from advaita.

I did not have any intention of turning this forum
into a debate platform for caste issues. However, I
got such valuable perspectives on this issue from the
learned members on this board that I could not resist
my temptation to dig deeper.

I apologize if my persistence led to deviation from
the list scope.

With regards,
Ram Garib