[Advaita-l] Attn: Ram Garib

Ram Garib garib_ram at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 16 18:15:49 CST 2006

--- J-k <omeganlp at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Any similar information about the UK? London
> area?

I guess UK has decent representation of chinmaya
mission, RK mission, and shivananda society. R K
Mission has got teachers of all varieties of vedanta
but some may not be authentic. Shivananda societies
are some times active and some times not. Chinmaya
mission is always active but you will need to move
over if you want more than basic study. Their UK
website is:

http://www.chinmayauk.org/

If you desire to approach it in academic way, I have
heard good things about Oxford Center of Hindu
studies.(Contact Dr. Godavarish Mishra)

>   (It was definitely not easy to take on board the
> consequences of discussion on relationship between
> being a sudra and high standards required to study
> Vedanta. But if the taste was already developed, it
> seems reasonable to allow it to grow...)

Well, I had decided to bid farewell to vedanta (and
hinduism) full thirty years back. But I am plain too
lazy. Blame it my karma-s :-)

With regards,
Ram Garib