[Advaita-l] Guru Worship

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:50:31 CDT 2006

>My humble question is first of all why we need *pramANa* for guru bhakti &
>arAdhana?? are we doing *jignAsa* on guru bhakti & sharddha to insist for

Your comments are absolutely appropriate here. Still, for those looking for
Sruti and smRti references, I would point to SvetASvatara upanishat's last
verse - yasya deve parA bhaktir yathA deve tathA gurau, tasyaite katithA hy
arthAH prakASante mahAtmanaH, and gItA chapter 13, verse 8 - amAnitvam
adambhitvam ... AcAryopAsanaM Saucam ....

Regards,
Vidyasankar