[Advaita-l] Re: NOTES ON MANDUKYA UPANISHAD AND KARIKA: INTRODUCTION 6

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 05:18:04 CDT 2006

I agree that brahmavada mentioned here doesn't have anything to do with
"brahman" as such. But I would be interested to know what brahmavada means
in this context (viz, that of karmas).

Regards,
Abhishek

On 7/3/06, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com>
wrote:
I think I have mentioned, even very recently about karmas and how it
can be viewed as forming a continuous link with j~naana, with
quotations from Sureshvara. But the bottom-line is that those passages
you quote would be interpreted more or less exactly the same way by an
advaitin and the old bhedaabhedavaadins like Bhaskara. So, there is no
justification in calling advaita brahma-vaada, based on those
passages. That's all I was trying to say.

Rama

--
satyena dhAryate pRthvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||