[Advaita-l] Re: A REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE.

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 06:47:02 CDT 2006

Namaskaram to all.  There are two types of Gurus.  One who teaches Siddhi
and the other who teaches Mukthi.  A student seeking siddhi will have to go
in search of a Guru who teaches Siddhi.  But a student seeking Mukthi is in
state of ignorance and he is incapable of knowing a Guru who KNOWS.  So
there is no point in his his search for Guru.  The solution to this problem
is already divined.  The Guru as the Knower knows which student is a real
pathram and He Himself would seek the student out and teach him!

One example is Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi.  When he became ripe to receive
instructions, a call came to him and he couldn't resist.

A serious seeker instead of going in search of the Guru should do the
groundwork.  Bhagavan Ramana says: "Easwararpitham Nechyayaakritham, Chittha
Sodhakam, Mukthi Saadhakam."  A seeker should do nishkaama karma and that
too dedicating to the Lord.  All karmas bear fruit even in it is not sought
but in this case the fruit is in the form of a Guru.  HE WILL CALL YOU like
a bolt from the blue!  And He will assume any form!  Each person has his own
Guru.  There is no way to generalize the identification of one's Guru.
Bhagavan's Guru was in the form of a Mountain!!

Adhereing to Dharmic duty, performing Nishkaama karmam and dedicating the
fruits of karma in your mind to Easwara, joining Sat Sangh like this forum
or such as Bajan Group are all part of this dedication.  They are no tall
orders but can be done with ease and naturally.

Regards,
Anbu