[Advaita-l] Seeking God

Viswanathan viswanathann at al-hassan.com
Wed Mar 8 23:52:17 CST 2006

Hi Shri Santosh  nair

Hope you read my  reply to krisna chaitanya re my thoughts about advaitha...

Now about the way of Advaithic living , as I see

God is the energy behind all forms of the life of this universe (The
Bhramhan). To feel that presence within yourself (surrendering false self
"ego") and all the living beings isthe real " Bhakthi" . Realising this and
thanking that "God" for what all u have and your exisitance is  the
"prayer". (Bhakthi yoga)

You are obligated towards parents/ forefathers/ co borns/ your children/
friends/ techer/ society at large. Working to fullfill these obligations is
your duty. Just caryy on these duties to best of your ability without
bothering the results.(Karma yoga)

To carry out  the above two you shud be fit enough physically and mentally
for which you you have to do regular physical and pshycological
excersises...inclu Ashtanga  yoga, pranayama, Dhyana etc.....( Raja yoga)

Finally, keep exploring yourself by various means thru scriptures/books/
Guru) to realise finally that you are that "Bhramhan" (Jnana Yoga)

The right mixture of all these four according to your background and
attitude would  be the right way of Living.

Hope I am clear........(All the learned in the group may please correct me,
where ever I amwrong)

Pranams

Viswanath