[Advaita-l] discussion about panchayatan puja

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 23:29:20 CST 2006

Namaste

On 3/17/06, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Many people are confused about this. The confusion vanishes if we simply
> stop thinking of the Vedas as a "book" in the modern sense of the word.
>
> It is not as if there are well-defined sections internal to the vedas,
> with
> a self-proclamation, "here ends the karmakanda" or "here begins the
> jnanakanda". In fact, in the taittirIya branch, there is no clear
> distinction between even the mantra and brAhmaNa portions as they are
> found
> interspersed with each other.
>
> Whether a given passage is karmakANDa or upAsanAkANDa or jnAnakANDa has to
> be understood with respect to understanding the content of the passage.

*Yes* ! I remember that sometime back I had read that one of the great
commentators Sayanacharya saying " KarmaprakaraNe pATah karmAngatvam
viheShyate Jnana hetum tum abhyasva sarvo upanishdeeritam". Correct me If
I'm wrong

Regards

Prasad Kadambi
--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!