[Advaita-l] My Questions and My Mails

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 06:40:16 CST 2006

On 3/25/06, Abhishek RK <rkabhi at gmail.com> wrote:

>From what I have gathered he was more of a vishitadvaitin.

No, he was not. His interpretations are entirely his own, which would not
have been a bad thing if they were based on time tested assumptions. As it
stands today, only antaryAmin knows the validity of his assumptions. A
student of vedanta (of any hue) would be well advised to stay away from his
interpretations, unless one is firmly established in his siddhanta.

But the fact of
> vAcyartha and lakShyartha is obvious even without Aravinda's books. Could
> those members knowing pUrvamImamsa shAstra enlighten on this aspect?

pUrvamImamsa gives the first claim of meaning to vAcyartha. It is only when
vAcyartha is found insufficient or contradictory, that one looks for other
meanings.

praNAm