[Advaita-l] ends and not means

R Krishnamoorthy srirudra at gmail.com
Mon May 1 21:10:07 CDT 2006

Dear members
In my view we are all only speculating as to why there is no specific
sanction for women to recite/study The Vedas.Either we accept the sayings of
the Vedas intoto or leave them for selective adoptation.Human beings are
born to grow atleast in mental stature compared to other speciesfrom uni
cellular organism to giant elephants.Perhaps the size of the brain has
accomplished this.All  other living organisms are as they were centuries ago
but humans have evolved to attain the present mental capabilities.This is
because  of his discriminative power and memory and interpration of
forefathers dictums evolved  and passed on to posterity.As Times change the
useless ones are discarded new ones having been picked up.As the ancient
Tamil Grammer Thol Kappiyam says there is nothing wrong in discarding old
and picking up new ones as time passes.-Pazhayana kazhithalum pudhiana
puhuthalum Vazhuvala kala varainayinane-.So applying this we need not
 discourage any one who has real interest to study vedas as there appears to
be a genuine interest to know about what the shruthi says about "Beyond"
matters especially in the context of changed times.R.Krishnamoorthy.