[Advaita-l] Reform, etc

venkata subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 23:08:40 CDT 2006

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com> wrote:    Re: social aspects. I am of the opinion maThas should stay out of all
this and concentrate on advaita, dvaita or whatever.

  Ramaji:  Many of the orthodox section still believe that the Amnaya Mathas are not for merely "teaching" Advaita, but more importantly to "live as a model and demonstrate" the practice of Dharma.

  The "Acharya" has to be "Dharmic" (both learnt and practice what he says).  Hence the Acharya Maths have to right (in fact the duty) to say what is Dharma.

  It is left to the choice of the "follower" to abide or throw it away.

  we cant say, i believe, that the Acharyas should keep mum on these.   For, it is their duty to say, when asked. - they have the responsibility to guide what is the correct value.

  - just my view.

  i agree modernity has practically changed many things and we can never conclude such themes.

  Venkat.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

Sadgurubhyo Namah.