[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 37, Issue 12

SuBu Sahasranamam subuiyier at gmail.com
Fri May 12 13:02:16 CDT 2006

Dear SIrs

Namaskaram

I have a very primitie questions,

When we say Bramhan is clean and deviod of faults, How did Maya exist, what
caused the creation of MAYA. Ok let me rephrase, Is Maya Unclean? if it is
not then why we should get rid of MAYA  and why do we say Gnana will remove
MAYA. So is Gnana supreame than MAYA, does MAYA prevail only on A-Gnana.

I have these questions after going thru some web material on
VivekaChoodamani by the Sri Bagavathpada Adi Sankaracharya.

My second question goes the following.

During Sri Bagavathpada  Adisanakara's childhood, we see a croc holding on
to Sri Adisankara's leg and it woudnt go till he adopts Sanyasa. Now if we
see, is there a second force which compelled him to take up sanyasa, what is
that force, where did it come from. is Dvaita visible here or its a makeup
of MAYA which wants to kill itself. does Maya wants to renounce itself.

If my questions are too premature, please pardon me, Iam in initial learning
phase.

Thanks
Subu Iyer
Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya sankara