[Advaita-l] Real vs Unreal

Sylvain elisabeth-sylvain at sympatico.ca
Mon May 15 05:36:56 CDT 2006

(Sthanu) Why is "real" defined as the unchangeable, eternal and absolute. In
what sense is a changeable thing not real.

             *

i understand your question since i still have exactly the same.
Does the computer used to communicate with you is "real" or "unreal" ?
It it obvious that it works since the message is sent on the list and you
reply.
Some say "unreal" is better understood by "relative", "perishable",
"dreaminess".
In this context, the computer is certainly as "real" as the family, the
house, the human body ...
It can be used to create an effect.

Sylvan