[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Prashant Bhat

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Nov 12 13:38:55 CST 2006

Namaskaraha,
Recently, I came across your group while searching for Adhyasa Bhashya's
Sanskrit PDF Text online. To my delight, the mailing list archives that i
browsed were very scholarly and informative. Thanks for maintaining such a
useful list for all who had not the opportunity of studying them directly
from a Guru.

To introduce myself,  I'm Software Engineer in Bangalore working for Samooha
for last 3 years and I'm a Smarta Brahmana by birth, from Yellapura(Uttara
Kannada). I'd the rare chance to be in association with Ramakrishna Ashrama
Belgaum(under Swami Purushottamanandaji) for over 2 years during my
graduation where I learnt the basic concepts. Then my attention was fully
absorbed by the works of Sri Sachidananda Saraswati Swamiji on Sri
Shankaraacharya's bhashya's.

Now, at my workplace or even at home, not finding anyone to discuss with on
these topics, I find Advaita-vedanta.org's efforts are very much appreciable. I
hope, I'll have the opportunity to verify and correct my views by
discussions going on in this list. As Shri Sureshwara Acharya says in
Naishkarma Sidhi, "Na Khyati Labha Poojartam Granthaha Asmabhihi Udeeryate,
Swabhoda Parishudhyartam Bhrahmavit Nikashashmasu".

Shri Sadgurubhyo Namaha,
Prashant Bhat