[Advaita-l] Sankara on "After GYAna" (was Re: BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 1...)

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:00:31 CST 2006

Dear Venkat,

Why not phrase the question the other way: How come the same aachaarya
who says that in the muNDaka upanishad says thus in the Brhad
bhaaShya?

This is the problem with the selective quotation method and self study
of bhaaShyas (as I pointed out earlier). It is only to make sense of
these SEEMING contradictory statements that Swami Vidyaaranya et al
have written books. Selectively quoting Sankara and using invective
against later authors that they are not following Sankara is pleasing
to the ears and self-esteem, but makes no philosophical sense.

Rama