[Advaita-l] Pa~nchapAdikAchArya

Sankaran Aniruddhan sankaran_aniruddhan at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 20:06:50 CDT 2006

namaste,

>   He indeed approached the Sringeri Math for taking
> Samnyasa, but at that time it was Sri Jagadguru
> Chandrashekhara Bharathi Swaminaha, who did not consent.
> Only after that he took from one Bodanandendra
> Saraswathi.

I believe it is a custom of the sringeri matha that only
the Successor to the AcArya is initiated into sannyasa by
the AcArya Himself. I remember reading this in one of the
works on Chandrashekhara Bharati Swamigal (I don't remember
the exact reference).

Aniruddhan

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAda Sam.karam lokaSam.karam