[Advaita-l] mUlAvidyA debate [Was Swami Satchidanandendra Saraswati]

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 04:37:49 CDT 2006

On 28/10/06, Annapureddy Siddhartha Reddy <annapureddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> -- svAmi satchidAnandEndra's views are very close to the dR^iShTi-sR^iShTi
> vAda (it seems he acknowledges it), which is rejected by shaN^kara. This
> requires a better understanding of the definition of mithyA as deduced from
> taittirIya upaniShat.h bhAShya (TUB) 2.1.1 of shaN^kara by the svAmi.

Does Martha Doherty say the above in her article? I find this strange
because I always thought that sha~Nkara accepts dR^iShTi-sR^iShTi vAda
(DSV) (though he teaches other vAda-s also) and that his refutation of
the vij~nAnavAdin view does not amount to a refutation of
dR^iShTi-sR^iShTi vAda.

There are several posts by Sri Ramakrishnan in the archives on DSV,
the most exhaustive one being
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/1998-June/009389.html

dhanyavAdaH
Ramesh