[Advaita-l] Pa~nchapAdikAchArya

jagannathan mahadevan jagannathan.mahadevan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 20:53:21 CDT 2006

Namskaram,

I was trying to follow this thread but ended up getting confused a little bit:

1) Is Pancadasi same as Panchapadika?

2) I did not see any quotations from the work itself in the arguments:
only exclamations and comments on whose interpretation of the work is
more precise (Sri SSS or Sri Vidyaranya/citsuka et al.)

3) What is it about Sri-SSS's interpretation of Pancadasi that
disagrees with Sri Vidyaranya for example? (Kartik, I agree Pancadasi
is quoted as an authority by Sri Vidyaranya, but what is the point of
contention exactly - for instance does Sri-SSS disagree with the
interpretation of Sri Vidyaranya or with the work itself ? if so what
does he not agree with?)

4) From the brief quotation by Rama from Sri SSS's comments, I do feel
avidya is not maaya and hence subscribe to that statement. Please
explain why that is not true ( Rama, I am unable to decipher the
apparent error in that)?

5) To Rama: what was the point in your last mail in connection with
this context? I do not know what was said to you in person; what are
the modifications and changes that has come about?

Jagan.