[Advaita-l] Re: samAdhi -Universe merging into brAhmaN of shruti- is not an Experience

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:29:58 CDT 2006

Namaste,
In "Yoga, Enlightenment and Perfection", Shri Abhinava Vidyatirtha
Mahaswamiji clearly states that his own nirvikalpa samAdhi did not
last for more than a few hours. Also, just "believing" in some
interpretations of a Yogi's experiences certainly is not recommended
in any shAstra. Don't you agree that samAdhi is just a momentary
experience and j~nAna leads to jIvanmuktAvasthA, which is certainly
not momentary? Of course, Ishvara's (or Guru's) grace is a necessary
factor in gaining j~nAna. Sorry if I sound harsh, but just going by
the words of some stories does not help much. Anyway, I am not seeing
that some can not even accept some basics of advaita, so this is my
last post on this thread.

Regards,
Abhishek

--
tasmAttvamuttiShTha yasho labhasva
jitvA shatrUn bhu~NkShva rAjyaM samR^iddham|