[Advaita-l] Importance of Ashram

Anuj whereisanuj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:19:15 CST 2007

Sri Ramanan, I think I see where we may differ (again, no disrespect,
I realize most of you here are much more well versed in this
philosophy than I) in our intentions. I believe each seeker has to
find their own teacher based on their own and the teachers
temperament. Kind of like the need for varying degrees of Bhakti,
Karma and Jnana yoga's based on each seekers own preference.

Now, although Sri Bharathi Teertha Mahaswami may be the best in your
and many others eyes, I believe to learn or unlearn (as the case may
be) requires a confort level with one's guru that has less to do with
the best and more to do with the kind of compassion, patience and
mutual respect each party has for one another. I thinkk you'll agree
this is something one cannot stumble upon, it may take a few attempts,
maybe a lifetime and there are many examples of those who had to do it
mostly themselves...so I'll keep Sri Mahaswami in mind as my journey
continues :)

Anuj