[Advaita-l] Can Anyone Answer My Doubt?

Anuj whereisanuj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:17:39 CST 2007

Hi, don't know how technical of an answer you're seeking, but my
simple view and understanding of this complex philosophy leads me to
explain it using the ocean analogy.
As you may know the analogy goes: the self being the ocean and the
individuals being the waves of the ocean, begin to think that the wave
is a separate entity from the ocean even though it is always connected
and eventually will merge back into the ocean. SO when the wave merges
back into the ocean it is also bound to rise again and fall for the
same 'game' again- perception of individuality. Let's consider drops
of water that form the wave as part of your material body, mind, and
soul. I suppose one could say that the same drops of water that form
the next wave are the soul being reborn again. Carrying the vasanas
that remain form the first wave merging into the ocean without having
realized the Truth - God - Ocean  Self

I realize this makes for almost too simple of an exaplanation and your
mind :) may require a more academic or scientific explanation which
some of the people here are well capable of providing. I am not versed
in the tech. of these matters so I apologise if this trivializes your
question too much.

Best of luck in the search.
Anuj