[Advaita-l] What is the Carrier of Vasanas? (Sharath T Poojary)

Kalyan N nkshemalatha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 05:47:26 CST 2007

Hari Om

I just want to to share my understanding with you.

At the time of death of the body, the sukshma sarira the subtle body leaves
the body and enters into another career. Is the body having consicouness
after the death - yes - but not perceived because the sukshma sarira is
absent in the dead body to get brightened with the help of the consciouness.

Therefore the antakarana - part of subtle body never get destryoed till the
liberation moksha and the causal body till the pralaya kala as per the sruti
pramanam.

Hence the Ego the part of antakarana continues till the dawn of the
knowledge. So long as we have the deha abhimanam the ego continues to exist.

Namaskarams

Kalyan