[Advaita-l] Re: BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 18:52:05 CST 2007

On 2/2/07, Ravi Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com> wrote:
> savithri devaraj <savithri_devaraj at ...> writes:
>
> > --- S Jayanarayanan <sjayana at ...> wrote:
> >
> > > I was wondering whether or not to write this, but
> > > anyway, here goes.
> > >

> > Well, then you shouldn't have!
> > Here we go again...
> > Where is the relationship between Satchidanandendra
> > Saraswathi Swamiji and this thread? Why not blame him
> > for the bad weather also then?
>
> namaste Savithriji,
>
> I agree with you that using all caps was unnecessary and rude.
>
> United Nations Climate Report (on 5th page) cites heated debates that happen in
> vedanta circles as one of the leading causes for global warming :-)) Al gore has
> even requested us to use some portions of our archives for his next
> documentary!! We are not that far away from weather :-))

I wasn't going to participate in this thread, since the moderator has spoken ...

I don't think so. Frequently I use caps to emphasize a point, or
within ** to achieve the same goal. I don't see anything rude about
that. The bottom line is that every mail has been ignoring Kartiks Br.
Up quotation and coolly providing other quotations, when the WHOLE
POINT [1] is that the two seemingly contradictory statements have been
resolved by Vidyaranya beautifully. So to emphasize that he had in
caps. What's rude about that?

I remember interviewing a person and in the post interview meeting
someone mentioned that he seemed arrogant. To which another colleague
replied "Frequently arrogance is in the eye of the beholder". The same
goes for rudeness.

Typing a mail in all caps, that's something else. As far as I can see,
Smt Savitri has done nothing other than taking potshots at Kartik,
with no philosophical point being made. Kartik has of course
contributed much to this list- pUrva mImAnsA sries, JMV series, etc.

My view is that people who cannot particpate in discussions without
making solid points, when quotations are given, and blithely ignoring
quotations from the brhadaaranyaka and bhaashya there on, and spouting
their own views, are the ones being rude. We are here to learn, not to
engage in mutual back-patting sessions. To each his/her/its own.

Why do SSS's followers expect everyone to clap their hands
appreciatively when he /his followers call Padmapaada a blnid man or
worse a crook, but get all agitated when someone suggests SSS might be
wrong?

Rama